We often come across this question, “What are the best Wifi Routers in India?” People say that they can live without a girlfriend these days, but they can’t survive without a Wi-Fi router. These routers have become an essential part of our life. These routers are used almost anywhere: home or office – must have to get the most for your service provider.
After spending over 600+ hours of testing and over 30+ tested products, we have come up with this conclusive list of the Best Wifi Routers that you can buy.
Whether your connection is an FTTH or ADSL, we have everything covered in this list, so keep reading.
These are the 10 best WiFi Routers you can get currently in India. Let’s have a deeper look and find out which is the one for you.
Best WiFi Routers in India
Netgear Nighthawk X6S R8000P AC4000 Tri-Band Gigabit Wi-Fi Router: Best Range for Office use
If you have been in the networking business, you would know that Netgear is one of the most successful companies for Wireless tech products.
If you plan to use the Nighthawk X6S for gaming, you will not face any issues. In fact, 4K streaming works amazing as well.
This is a tri-band WiFi router and has a combined WiFi speed of up to 400 Mbps.
Netgear’s Nighthawk X6S is among the biggest routers available in the industry.
Clothed in plain black, the 11.0 x 9.0 x 2.1-inch X6S could be installed on a tabletop, shelf, or windowsill.
Or, if you prefer, the bottom of the router has cut-outs, which can be used to wall-mount the X6S.
However, the router’s six pull-out antennas operate the chance of being hit easily if not given due attention.
A point of concern comes here since the antennas cannot be replaced, nor are they movable.
This router is equipped with a 64-bit processor, which is dual-core. This processor has a clock speed of 1.8Ghz, and it comes with 2 USB ports – USB 3.0 and USB 2.0. This means that you can turn any Hard disk drive, a printer, or similar device into a networked device.
Along with that, you get to see 5 ethernet ports out of which 1 is for WAN, and the rest 4 are for LAN.
Now, if you are concerned about VPN, do not. It supports VPN and also comes with dual Gigabit port aggregation
- Up to 750+1625+1625mbps wireless speed
- Tri-Band Wi-Fi: Avoids interference and optimizes network performance
- Multi-User MIMO (MU-MIMO): For simultaneous streaming to multiple devices
- Powerful 64-bit dual-core 1.8GHz processor with 3 offload processors – next-generation processor to handle data-intensive applications and for better video streaming, lag-free gaming, surfing and more
- Gigabit Internet Ready: Built to support gigabit WAN to LAN speeds
- Fast Backups: Two Ethernet ports can be aggregated for > 1gbps wired speeds
- Works with Amazon Echo/Alexa: Control your home network using voice commands
- Works with all Internet Service Providers – Airtel Fibernet, BSNL, ACT, Vodafone, Tata Tele, Hathway, Beam Cables, Tikona, MyWorld, Nextra, Siti Cable, You Broadband, Spectranet, and all other major service providers.
Asus RT AC59U
Who hasn’t heard the name of Asus? It is a top tier brand when it comes to anything related to networking or computers. Their heritage has laid a strong impact on ethics, which is visible in their products.
Feature Rich, and with good aesthetics, the Asus RT AC59U hasn’t failed to impress us. The Dual-band router has an excellent aesthetic form, which feels really premium and well built.
The most important selling point of this router is that the router is a dual-band one. Thus, you can enjoy both 2.4 GHz and 5Ghz. You can use it according to your liking – Bandwidth and/or less congestion.
Generally, with a single band router that you get on the market, the internet is accessed via only one channel that is 2.4Ghz. On the contrary, routers with a 5Ghz band have multiple networks, making for less congestion.
Thus, with the help of dual bands, you can access the network without any issues. On top of that, the router can go as high as 867 Mbps on 5Ghz, which is still a lot, especially in India.
You get 2 LAN ports on the Wifi router, which can connect multiple devices with it. The router is thus suitable when you have a large house with many members who access WiFi regularly.
Asus does provide a mobile application for setting up the router. This app can be downloaded easily from the App Store or play store. Additionally, it includes choices like tracking the devices which are linked to this particular network.
Easy filtering options inside this router will permit you to block Internet access to unauthorized and unwanted devices in the neighborhood of the router, which is great when you have unwanted trespassers who break into the security, if at all.
This router includes a 3-year warranty. Thus, if anything that’s unwanted happens to your router during your purchase period, you can claim a replacement warranty from Asus.
The features such as Device monitoring and IP filtering make it a must buy. This will also help you save money on the bills by blocking the unwanted devices too, which is a plus point.
Thus, it perfect for a large home or even office use. The Asus RT AC53 will not disappoint you in any situation.
- High-speed performance, concurrent speed up to a combined 1467 Mbps data transfer
- Smart control with the ASUS WRT dashboard UI, setup, monitor and control network applications all in one intuitive area
- Robust external antenna, 3 external strong antenna enhances signal transmission.
- High power design in pursuit of ultimate capability
- Gigabit Ethernet data transfer 10 times faster than 10/100 fast ethernet devices
Are you looking for one of the best wireless routers of 2020?
This unique looking router AC5400 will blow your mind.
With the increasing modern home, we see the more interesting looking design and aesthetic routers too. However, the Archer C5400 is nothing like your typical wifi router. It is like a large old school box with air ventilation at the top. Combining an inverted spider kind of look, it has 8 antennae, which significantly improves the wifi coverage.
Undeniably its not at all a minimalist router. On the other hand, it is one which would look good next to a gaming PC.
While it might not be impressive from the layout perspective, TP-Link Archer C5400 v2 means a lot when the specs come into the record.
There is a dual-core 1.4GHz Broadcom ARM chip with three co-processors for managing information, with every co-processor managing a group (one 2.4GHz band, and 2 5GHz bands). On paper, this implies that with active networks with a significant number of wireless devices getting connected to it, the Archer C5400 v2 should continue to keep the flow of data between devices powerful and with the speeds you desired.
The eight antennae that come in the Archer C5400 v2 makes it resemble an upturned spider, at least make a fantastic argument for their addition as they help in managing the 2.4GHz band with 1000Mb/s of bandwidth within four flows, together with 2 5GHz channels additionally getting four flows between them with possible speeds of around 2167Mb/s.
You will note that this bandwidth is significantly greater than that which Ethernet network wires can, possibly causing a bottleneck for wired devices like Network Attached Storage (NAS) drives and desktop PCs. Still, TP-Link has addressed that by adding link aggregation.
This permits you to use two physical Ethernet interfaces as though they were one link, so in case you’ve got a NAS device or network that supports link aggregation you can basically double the bandwidth of the connection.
This is a characteristic that is generally seen in network switch(es) and business or office orientated Wifi routers, therefore its inclusion for a router that is also aimed at home users is remarkable.
- The router is designed to power the performance demanded from high-end gaming PCs and Rigs.
- With 1.8 GHz 64-bit quad-core CPU, three co-processors, and 1 GB RAM, you can get blistering wi-fi speeds.
- AC5400 tri-band Wi-Fi speeds over the 2.4 GHz (1000 Mbps) and two 5 GHz bands (2167 Mbps), in total blazing fast speed of 5334 Mbps
- Full-throttle wireless performance: The Archer C5400X uses MU-MIMO and Airtime Fairness to balance every device’s requests with speed and precision.
- With eight Gigabit Ethernet ports, you can connect PCs, smart TVs, and game consoles to fast, wired connection without the need for a switch.
- With threat protection, you can defend your system from malicious threats that can sneak through downloads and file sharing. TP-Link HomeCare is powered by Trend Micro, which protects every device from the latest cyber threats with powerful security, built-in antivirus, and cutting-edge intrusion prevention.
- Ever seen storage in a Wifi router? The Archer C5400X has 16 GB of free storage built-in and protected behind its firewall, which you can access through the TP-Link FileBank app whenever you have an internet connection. Expand storage by connecting USB drives to the router
TP-Link Archer MR400
TP-Link Archer MR400 is a 4G LTE modem router which allows one to add a SIM card and thus use the 4G Internet connections over WiFi.
TP-Link Archer MR400 is an adequate 4G wireless router. It’s a tool especially useful when Wifi primarily stops working. During times like these you can use 4G LTE net connection over WiFi too.
The Archer MR 400 has a shiny glossy finish in a compact form factor that feels premium. The 2 antennas are very well built and provide a decent look to the overall rugged form factor. The Advanced LTE antennas are detachable too.
At the back, you have 4 LAN ports out of which one can be used as WAN too. You can also turn WiFi on and off with the provided dedicated button.
The MR400 is an upgraded variant of the MR200. There are a number of improvements on the MR400 primarily about the Wi-Fi capability.
The wireless capabilities are enhanced to AC1350 from AC750. Everything else remains the same. Such as the MR200, it supports LTE CAT 4 150Mbps and it just contains 100Mbps Ethernet LAN port.
In the event that you used other TP-Link routers, then you’ll be quite knowledgeable about the port on the Archer MR400. It gives quite a detailed set of qualities you would need on a 4G modem. I also enjoy the fact that it can even send SMS and USSD code.
It is a dual band router meaning you can divide your network into 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz.
You can also use it as a replacement for Jio-Fi router too as people have complained it used to heat up on extended usage and battery bulge happened.
To avoid these problems, the Jio-Fi device can be run without the battery. And it supports the three frequency bands supported by Jio as well.
- 4G LTE: You can share your 4G LTE network with multiple Wi-Fi devices and enjoy download speeds of up to 150 Mbps on 4G
- Powerful and integrated antennas provide stable wireless connections and better coverage
- Plug and Play: Requires no configuration, just insert a SIM card and turn it on to enjoy a fast-wireless connection
- 1200Mbps Dual Band Wi-Fi: Creates simultaneous dual band Wi-Fi networks, with maximum speeds of up to 300 Mbps on the 2.4 GHz band and 867 Mbps on the 5 GHz band
- Easy Bandwidth Management: Advanced QoS makes it easier for you to manage the bandwidth of connected devices. Offers options and flexibility with the LAN/WAN port, allowing you to choose your connection type
- Backward Compatibility: Compatible with 4G/3G/2G network
- Supports all mainstream ISPs, including Jio, Airtel, Vodafone, BSNL, ACT, MTNL, Hathway, You broadband, GTPL, etc (Please Note: The actual accessibility may still vary from area to area).
ASUS RT-AC86U AC2900: Best Gaming Wifi Router
If you are a gamer and ping troubles you a lot, this gaming router from Asus is the way to go.
Asus has been a pioneer in making high end gaming computers and this is exactly the quality Asus brings with the RT-AC86U.
Asus has taken huge steps when it comes to design. Looking at the router for the first time itself, you can sense that it is made for gaming. The router is really aesthetic with 2 red cut outs which add to the look of this router.
This aesthetic router is capable of outperforming all the other routers in the price range. The high speed lag free connection is a thing you won’t need to worry about with this option.
ASUS claims that RT-AC86U is the ultimate choice for gaming. It can have super impressive speeds all the way to 2917 Mbps. Along with the MU-MIMO technology and powerful game-boosting features, you can enjoy almost real time gaming with the minimal packet loss. It also includes the WTFast game accelerator and Adaptive QoS which are really needed especially for gaming.
You can use it without any fear for heated gaming competitions. This is one of the few routers which can stream in 4K UHD without any lag or buffering whatsoever. The router uses NitroQAM tech which delivers the fastest speeds on 5Ghz using quad stream (4×4) meaning that you can enjoy speeds up to 2167 Mbps.
You also get a mobile app through which you can control all the happenings of your network. The Asus Router app is very robust and advance and will save you from the trouble of starting your PC to change the configuration settings.
The router is also compatible with ACT fibernet too.
- 3 years brand warranty from Asus
- Dual Band router: Enjoy 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz connectivity at the same time
- Enjoy Up to 2917 Mbps Speed
- Smart control with the ASUS WRT dashboard UI, setup, monitor and control network applications all in one intuitive area
- Robust external antenna, 3 external strong antenna enhances signal transmission
- High power design in pursuit of ultimate capability
TP-Link is one of the most widely used brands for wifi in India. It has some of the cheapest routers which are frequently used by FTTH providers all around the nation.
The TP-LINK TL-WR940N is a dual-band router using the very best long-range network connectivity currently available in 2020.
This TP-LINK TL-WR940N looks like a futuristic Wi-Fi router. Rather than the traditional boxy layout, this router includes a rounded curved pebble kind of layout.
It includes high power amplifiers indoors for stretching the range making it one of the best wifi routers for good range.
This TP-Link Router includes 3 large gain antennas with 9db gain while most of the other manufacturers are still using the old 5db ones. This device can work as a router, a range extender in addition to an entry point, all at one time.
The TP-LINK TL-WR941HP provides impressive speeds up to 450mbps (~56.25MB/s) on a tri-band frequency.
Like most of the routers on this list, this one is also a dual band router and comes with 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz out of the box. This raises the bandwidth capacity of the router to adapt more devices on the system. You will find four LAN vents on the system which may be used for wired link and networking using this router.
If you are trying to find a router to your workplace or your office, this could be the best budget option for your usage.
Possessing high gain antennas and tri-band service ensures that the network congestion and speed issues won’t be a problem anymore.
The TP-LINK TL-WR940N is a budget friendly dual band router ideal for your office use.
Possessing dual bands, multiple individuals can use their devices at precisely the exact same time. They will not face any kind speed issues or network congestion, which is generally one of the biggest problems for an office.
- 450Mbps wireless speeds which are ideal for interruption sensitive applications like HD video streaming
- Come with 3 antennas which increase the wireless robustness and stability
- All-in-one: Router, Range Extender, and Access Point modes
- Has WPS Button for Easy wireless security encryption at a push of WPS button
- Parental Controls and IP Based Bandwidth Restriction is possible
- Works with all major internet providers other than BSNL.
- Ideal for medium-sized homes and offices.
D-Link DSL-2750U – Best Wifi Router (ADSL Router)
If you are still using an ADSL connection, this router can be for you.
The DSL-2750U is a very versatile, compact and high-performance router for home and small offices. The only thing you have to worry about is that works only with BSNL.
With a 3-year warranty you have nothing to worry about.
The D-Link DSL 7250 comes with a very flat and minimalistic design. Everything that you need from a Wifi router is present but there’s nothing extra for you to expect.
It has integrated ADSL2/2+ meaning it can support download speeds up to 24 Mbps. Apart from that you get firewall protection, Quality of Service (QoS), 802.11n wireless LAN, and 4 Ethernet switch ports.
- Ideal for people with ADSL2/ADSL 2+ BSNL broadband connection
- ADSL 2/2+ wireless router with a modem
- 802.11n wireless LAN Support
- Up to 300 Mbps speeds on WiFi
- Dual antenna for better range
- 4 Ethernet switch ports for added extension power
- WPS/WPA/WPA2 security along with Firewall protection and Parental controls.
TP-Link Archer C6
TP-Link routers have been known for their excellent performance and durability. That’s why you can see TP-link routers in many households which have a Wifi.
At a price tag of Just under Rs 2,500, this Archer 6 from TP-link is a very powerful Gigabit internet supported router.
TP-link has successfully shown the presence of high quality and modern design on this Wifi router. This router comes with spectacular looking diamond cuts on a plastic chassis. The fiber used for plastic is of very good quality.
You can easily find all the ports and control buttons at the back of the router. You also get a led indicator for checking connection status without hassles. These led(s) are well lit and easily visible.
The archer 6 comes with 5dBi antennas unlike the TP-LINK TL-WR940N which come with 9dB signal gain. However, it still provides excellent signal coverage. With the help of quad antennas, you can easily increase the signal transmission capacity with the help of MU-MIMO technology. The MU-MIMO technology helps the router in delivering excellent internet speeds.
With a max speed of up to 1200 Mbps this router can be easily used for medium sized offices as well as homes. If you are planning to use a gigabit connection, the Archer 6 from TP-link is definitely a good choice to get the best speeds.
Since this router has 2 bands, you can use either of the 2.4 GHz one or the 5Ghz band depending on your needs and speed requirements.
If you are willing to stream a lot of content on your phones or even your TVs, you can pick this one without any doubts. You can also use this router for doing gaming live streams as well.
Out of the box, the router comes with 4 LAN ports and all of them support gigabit internet connections as well. The most popularly used RJ45 port is also there which is used by most of the FTTH service providers in India.
You can access several security features and other useful information regarding your network using the TP-link tether app. It can be easily downloaded from the App store on iOS devices or the Play store on android.
With the help of this app you can access settings to set password, limit device access, set bandwidth restrictions or individual devices etc. Everything from the comfort of your phone.
Overall, this is a very promising router and is very fairly priced.
- Dual-Band WiFi: Use simultaneous 2.4GHz 300 Mbps and 5GHz 867 Mbps connections for 1200 Mbps of total available bandwidth; supports 802.11ac standard
- Ultimate Range Wi-Fi: 4 external antennas and one internal antenna provide stable wireless connections and optimal coverage
- MU-MIMO helps the router in achieving 2X efficiency by communicating with up to 2 devices at once
- Gigabit Ports: With one Gigabit WAN port and four Gigabit LAN port, you can get speeds up to 10× faster than standard Ethernet connections.
- Access Point Mode: The router also supports Access Point mode to create a new Wi-Fi access point
- Easy network management at your fingertips with TP-Link Tether App.
- One Mesh function can be beneficial. By connecting different devices, it can help eliminate Wi-Fi dead zones and create a seamless Wi-Fi connection with the same Wi-Fi name
Wi-Fi Router Buying Guide
Are you aware that numerous factors such as your house’s size, the depth of your walls, your neighbour’s Wi-Fi indicate, your microwave, and other appliances may impact the level of your Wi-Fi signal?
If I say a wireless router includes ASDL, Fiber Internet, single group, dual-band, 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz, and use phrases such as IEEE 802.11n and IEEE 802.11ac, etc., you are going to wind up confused. Won’t you?
Well, using this buying guide, we will help you explore these features and make things easy for you. Before beginning with the purchasing guide, we’d love to make one thing quite clear. Trust me when I say it, the most expensive router isn’t always the best one for your house.
Let’s start with basics before going all the way up:
What’s a Wi-Fi Router?
In simple terms, a Wi-Fi router is a device that connects various wireless devices in your house like your smartphone, notebook, tablet computers, printers, TVs, Set upper box, USB dongle, etc. to the net. It enables these devices to communicate with one another.
What does IEEE stand for?
Institute of Electric and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) defines the criteria for electronic equipment and electric devices. IEEE 802.11 specifies wireless apparatus communications standards.
Difference between IEEE 802.11n and IEEE 802.11ac
You may encounter these conditions when you buy your router. Know the distinction between both of these terms.
- A widely used benchmark in the present creation of routers
- Provides better speeds in comparison with IEEE 802.1 a, b, or g criteria
- Compatible with devices assembled based on the elderly criteria
- The most standard of these routers is 600 Mbps and almost 300 Mbps.
- Next-gen IEEE regular
- Nearly seven times faster compared to IEEE 802.11n criteria
- It may theoretically produce a maximum of 7 Gbps and approximately around 2.2 Gbps.
- These routers are more expensive than the IEEE 802.11n
Single-band and dual-band Wi-Fi routers
Usually, Wi-Fi routers function in two different radio frequency groups, 2.4 GHz, and 5 GHz.
As its name implies, the routers which use these two frequency bands to communicate with the various devices are the dual-band routers.
In contrast, the single-band routers are the ones that utilize either the 2.4 GHz or the 5 GHz frequency band for communicating.
What’s the distinction between the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands?
The main distinction between the two would be at the signal bandwidth and coverage.
The 5 GHz band can transmit information at faster speeds but have a briefer policy area.
Alternately, the 2.4 GHz band will cover a larger space but contributes to reduced data transmission.
Let us now know the importance of both frequency bands.
In case you have an iPad in your home, you’ll see it may operate at both speeds. The regular laptops and smartphones don’t function in the 5 GHz band.
Both the frequency bands have their benefits and demerits. The coverage in the 2.4 GHz band can quickly permeate the walls and floors of your home.
Thus, you’ll have the ability to use the Wi-Fi net from the own router while sitting within your neighbour’s flat.
At precisely the same time, the frequency band can’t transmit more speeds in comparison to the 5Ghz router. It impacts the uploading and downloading speeds.
The 5 GHz band permits for quicker downloading and uploading of information, but it cannot penetrate your property’s walls.
It explains why your phone’s downloading speeds slow down once you change into a space different from where you’ve got the Wi-Fi router. The 5 GHz band lets you download and watch movies faster than the 2.4 GHz frequency band.
So, if you want to enjoy faster downloading speeds 5 Ghz routers are the way to go.
Other things that impact your Wi-Fi
Noise and disturbance can influence your Wi-Fi speeds. When we say ‘Noise,’ we don’t indicate the sound we people make. Instead, it refers to the signals from the wireless apparatus like your smartphones and microwave ovens, etc.
The Wi-Fi signal from the neighbour’s home may also make an impact on your router’s functionality.
The majority of the devices from the house you can find work on the 2.4 GHz frequency. Fewer devices utilize the 5 GHz. Consequently, the 5 GHz frequency band is not as crowded compared.
The 5 GHz band has 23 overlapping stations, allowing different devices to operate concurrently with this frequency. The 2.4 GHz has eleven stations, of which three are non-overlapping.
Channel Width: How can you fix it for better coverage?
Let’s learn from examples.
Think of the channel width using a street. The wider the road, the easier it is to journey on it. Likewise, the larger the channel thickness, the more speeds it can take. The 2.4 GHz group has 11 stations, each of which has a diameter of 20 MHz.
The 5 GHz has 23 stations using a station with a maximum width of 160 MHz. As fewer devices utilize the 5 GHz band, there is less congestion. It explains the reason why the 5 GHz can accommodate more excellent speeds.
The tri-band Wi-Fi modem
As its name implies, this Wi-Fi router utilizes three frequency groups to communicate with devices. All these are just one 2.4 GHz band and two 5 GHz, bands.
Compared with the typical individual or dual-band routers, the tri-band wireless routers may provide increased bandwidth and speed. Therefore, they are costly.
The Idea of Mesh Wi-Fi system
The Mesh Wi-Fi system may cover over 5000 sq. ft of space. It’s a pair of Wi-Fi router nodes arranged in a mesh topology. In common parlance, it is a single primary hardware component attached to a set of cables.
What’s Mesh Wi-Fi?
There are several Wi-Fi nodes positioned at several locations in the house. It will become helpful to communicate with different smart devices in your home. They usually are tri-band routers. Some of the Principal producers of routers are Asus, D-Link, Netgear, Google, and Samsung.
The antennas may enhance the signal protection of their Wi-Fi router.
Typically, there are two kinds of antennas, Directional and Omni.
The main distinction is the vertical antenna can transmit and receive information in 1 direction only, whereas the Omni antennas send and receive data in a circular layout. Usually, you discover the Omni antennas into your house Wi-Fi programs.
The importance of the conditions, two dBi, five dBi, seven dBi, and 15 dBi Omni antennas.
What exactly does the word dBi mean?
It describes the power of this antenna measured in Decibels linked to this Isotropic radiator in radiofrequency. We shouldn’t go too deep into the technical aspects.
While buying the Wi-Fi router, we ought to say that the sign coverage and reachability of this router will be better to get a higher degree of dBi. You’ll also observe that some routers have more than one antenna. The longer the antennas, the higher is the signal coverage.
Placing of the antenna
Can you recall that the olden-day tv sets had antennas on the patio? You have to place them in this manner that they confront the TV tower’s management in town. It enhanced the receiving sign.
In the same way, the Wi-Fi router antennas are very crucial. It would help if you placed them appropriately. If you reside in an apartment or a flat, you should set the antenna vertical.
If you reside in a duplex home, it’s highly advisable to maintain one antenna vertical and the other parallel to the ground. Under these conditions, both the flooring experience far better signal protection.
You have to have heard the term, ‘Modem.’ The modem is an acronym for Modulator-Demodulator. It’s a hardware device that converts the analogue signal in the phone or the cable wire into the electronic signs your computers can comprehend.
Similarly, it converts the digital signal to the analogue form while transmitting the cable/telephone cable’s signs.
Kinds of modems
You’ve got two kinds of modems, both the DSL along with the ADSL modems.
Cable Internet vs. DSL Web
DSL stands for Digital Subscriber Line, and ASDL suggests Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line. The distinction between both is that ASDL is an innovative version of DSL technology. It provides more bandwidth and faster data transmission compared to classic voice-band modem.
In case you’ve got the ADSL ISP, then you have to get an ADSL modem. Network service providers such as BSNL, Airtel, Reliance Broadband, and Tata still utilize ASDL technology.
The conventional ISPs arrive with ASDL telephone lines. There’s a limit of speed and bandwidth in an ASDL line. The Fiber Internet is a sophisticated technology that offers ultra-high bandwidth and ultra-high speed net.
It utilizes Fiber Optics technologies for transmitting data signals rather than the electromagnetic current or electrons to transmit information through copper wires in the instance of ASDL.
Multinational businesses, banks, Indian Railways, Google, and many TV channel operators utilize this technology. The Fiber Internet can also be available for house internet through companies like ACT, and more lately, Airtel compared to ASDL traces the Fibernet is pricey.
When you transmit information on a wireless medium, anyone can intercept it and steal the information given they possess the apparatus to catch the signs. You may avoid such unauthorised capturing of data by encrypting the data before transmitting it. There are many different encryption protection standards like WEP, WPA, and WPA-2.
Software features of a Wi-Fi router
How will the router identify the apparatus to which it’s communication? It utilizes an exceptional ID referred to as the Internet Protocol Address, also popularly called the IP address. Every device, for example, router, will have an IP address.
The DHCP (Apparatus Host Configuration Protocol) is the program quality that makes it possible for each device’s private IP address in the system. If the DHCP attribute isn’t current, the user needs to manually configure each system’s IP address, which wishes to connect the network.
The DHCP empowers the private IP address to enable the router to communicate with every connected device. On the other hand, the tools won’t have the capability to communicate with external servers such as Google or Yahoo with the private IP address.
You will take a public IP address to communicate with the servers. The NAT (Network Address Translation) feature, when switched on, can alter the source IP address of data packets coming in the internal network to the world wide web, to the people internet-visible IP address. Similar is true for incoming information.
Different Kinds of vents or ports within a Wi-Fi router
Usually, you’ll discover these ports on your Wi-Fi routers. Notice that all routers don’t possess all of the ports that are mentioned.
The RJ-11 interface helps link the input cables from BSNL, Airtel, etc. to your ASDL Broadband link. All these are small ports using the input comprising of 2 wires.
When you utilize the Fiber Internet connections such as ACT, Airtel Fibernet, Hathaway, etc., you’ll require a more critical port referred to as the RJ-45 port. This interface adjusts the input comprising of screws.
The USB interface doesn’t demand an explanation. You can use the USB Dongle or the Information Cards from telecom companies such as Airtel, Reliance, Tata Photon, Etc.
SIM Card Slot
These days, you get Wi-Fi routers using SIM Card Slots at which it is possible to add the SIM cards out of ISPs such as Airtel, Vodafone, and Reliance, etc. to get a 3G and 4G online link. The modern-day routers such as TP-link, iBall and Connectwide have these slots.
Choosing the Proper Wi-Fi router for your home
This guide in detail, explains each component of their Wi-Fi router, consequently making it effortless to comprehend the technical conditions while buying the perfect one for your property.
These following advices will make it simpler for you:
- Have a look at the type of connection you have. In case you’ve got the conventional BSNL or the Airtel connection, you can opt for the ASDL routers. If you plan to possess ACT or the Airtel Fiber Internet, you should select the Wi-Fi routers using the RJ-45 ports.
- Pick the IEEE 802.11ac standard since it’s the fastest. Routers with this will accommodate both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequency bands. These routers have backward compatibility too, so don’t worry.
- Always opt for the dual-band wireless routers because your present generation laptops and iPads have features that enable them to use 5 GHz frequency bands to get a higher internet speed for you.
- Go for routers that have USB interfaces. It may prove useful should you encounter disconnection issues of this Fibernet or internet. You can plug into your information card and apply the Wi-Fi router.
- It’s highly recommended to go for Wi-Fi routers with several antennas since they may improve your Wi-Fi signal.
While choosing the best wifi router for yourself in India would definitely depend on your needs and purposes, but this guide will help you out in getting your basics clear before you get the router that is perfect for you. If you still are having any doubts, feel free to comment them down below. We will help you out. Keep visiting Gadget Maniac for more content like this.